Leading staffing company invites job seekers to attend free experience that will provide them with resumes, headshots, hiring opportunities and career confidence.
Insight Global, a leading national staffing company dedicated to empowering people through opportunity, is inviting people to attend an immersive, completely free experience on Saturday, October 14, aimed at providing personalized, one-on-one career counseling. All Bay Area job seekers who want to gain confidence and access to job resources like resume writing, interview skills and professional headshots, are encouraged to register and attend. Free childcare and refreshments will also be available.
“We’re committed to inspiring and empowering job seekers with the skills they need to create a brighter and better future,” said Bert Bean, CEO of Insight Global. “Whether you’re looking for a job or simply want to get ready for your next career move, we are thrilled to bring this transformative experience to the Bay Area to inspire and encourage people to pursue what is possible.”
This first-of-its-kind experience will take place on Saturday, October 14, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Oakland Coliseum (7000 Coliseum Way, B Lot, Oakland, California 94621) which is fully accessible via public transportation. The event will offer expert support and tools to help job seekers enter the workforce, forge a new career path, or gain networking and upskilling opportunities after a layoff. Whether it’s needing access to resources, technology or even the childcare that a job search often requires, Insight Global is working to remove these barriers and meet people where they are to enable a better future for them.
The mobile career event will have local onsite corporate, hiring, and community partners including Indeed, Microsoft and LinkedIn, Southwest Airlines, Bayer, Tesla, Marina Security, PG&E, Royal Ambulance, Golden 1 Credit Union, Raley’s, Deloitte, AWIP, LnT, Goodwill, City of Oakland, Big Brothers Big Sisters, NPower, United Way Bay Area, Girls Gain Confidence, Root & Rebound, Urban League, Oakland PIC, and Treasure Island Job Corps Center.
Partners from California’s SEMI Foundation will also be onsite to meet candidates, share resources and apprenticeship opportunities, and host a workshop on pathways for job seekers to enter the fast-growing microelectronics industry.
“The SEMI Foundation applauds Insight Global’s commitment to empowering job seekers by bringing employers and career-building resources to communities across America,” said Berton Mahardja, Sr. Manager, Global Education Initiatives. “The Be The Light Tour event in Oakland will provide the SEMI Foundation an opportunity to help people navigate the semiconductor industry using SEMI’s career exploration site and other resources.”
Attendees can take advantage of the following free services:
- One-on-One Consultations with Insight Global experts who will provide a personalized experience based on attendees’ career goals.
- Career Readiness Workshops on resume writing, technology, interview skills and job hunting.
- Headshot Studio complete with a wardrobe stylist, makeup touch-ups, and a professional photographer who will take photos and upload to LinkedIn profiles (and create a profile).
- Career Networking with recruiters from Insight Global and client partners who will be on hand to offer tips, tricks and best practices for job seekers and share opportunities that may be available.
- Childcare Services staffed by qualified childcare professionals.
- Additional Supportive Services, including assistance for Spanish speakers and the hearing and physically impaired.
- Merchandise Checkout where attendees who complete the day will earn free swag. Registered attendees will also have the chance to take home Chromebooks and Amazon gift cards.